When I first came across this recipe, I had no idea how flapjacks taste like. But still, I was keen to try it out cos I have all the ready ingredients, it doesn't need flour and I dun need to use a mixer, I hate to wash that.
These are really easy to make and they are delicious and addictive.
You may noticed I seldom post recipe for my bakes cos I am lazy to type them and besides, nobody ever ask me for my recipes.. hehe... But for this one, I really wanna share it with you, please give it a try.
- 100g butter
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 135g oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- Grease a 7" baking tray, preheat oven at 170C
- Place butter, sugar honey into a large saucepan over low heat, stir till just melted
- Stir in oats, coconut and mix well until evenly combined
- Placed the mixture on the prepared baking tray, spread it evenly across the tray and level the surface by pressing with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and leave on the baking tray to cool for about 10mins
- Cut the flapjacks into squares, carefully transfer them onto a bigger baking tray, placing them bottom side up.
- Continue to bake for another 10-15mins till it turns golden and crispy on both sides
- I use a shallow baking tray, it works well cos its easier to remove the flapjacks from the tray after baking.
- you may not get a neat cut when cutting them cos its still rather soft after the 1st bake and the oats seems to be falling off when you cut. Thats ok, just gently stick them back in place. After the 2nd bake and when its totally cooled, It'll all harden and stick together nicely
- I made 16 pieces of 3X3cm squares, you can double the ingredients if you wanna make more, or if you are using a bigger tray.