Saturday, June 2, 2007

Shortbread of Love

I just bought Agnes Chang's I CAN BAKE recipe book, I like it alot cos its bilingual and has step by step pics for methods. Its really useful for me who've never been to any baking classes.

This this the first recipe I tried, and also my first shortbread. I over baked my 1st batch of dough and they tasted like butter cookies. So for the second batch of dough, i cut my heart shapes thicker, and bake them till ONLY lighly brown. Finally, they tasted like shortbread, and I am satisfied with the result.

I would like to share this recipes cos I think its easy and yummy, do give it a try.

What you need:

250g butter
120g caster sugar
250g flour
120g rice flour

Chocolate for coating
(the original recipe ask to sprinkle some caster sugar on top before baking, I prefer to play with chocolate :P)


Methods:

Cream butter and sugar till well combined

Add in flour and rice flour

Roll out dough and cut into about 0.75cm thick.. hehe.. I meant more than 0.5cm and less than 1cm lah.

Sprinkle some caster sugar on top for decoration (if you want)

Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 15-20mins or till lightly brown.

No comments: